Alignvest Acquisition Corporation (TSX:AQX) is a Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation that raised C$258 million from leading institutional investors in its initial public offering. We are seeking to partner with, and introduce to the public markets, a leading North American company with an enterprise value between $400 million and $2 billion+ that will benefit from expansion capital and strategic and operating support.
We provide flexible funding through a unique structure that can be tailored to meet the needs of owners and that offers compelling advantages relative to traditional IPO, private equity or strategic sale options.
Our team is comprised of successful founder-entrepreneurs, leading public company CEOs, and experienced investors who bring significant value to help a partner to grow their business. Our team includes founders who have built seven successful businesses, four of which were sold for over $6.5 billion, public company leaders who have generated strong returns and overseen public businesses that, at the time of our IPO, had an aggregate enterprise value in excess of $65 billion, and investors who have worked at some of the world’s most preeminent investment firms.
On February 7, 2017, AQX closed its previously announced business combination with Trilogy International Partners LLC. Trilogy is a high growth telecommunications company founded and led by an industry-leading management team, with operating assets in New Zealand and Bolivia. AQX and Trilogy intend to build a pre-eminent global telecommunications provider, and believe that this transaction provides investors with an attractive investment opportunity characterized by an industry-leading, world-class management team with a history of creating significant shareholder value; positive long-term trends in each of the company’s operating markets; significant organic and accretive growth opportunities; a clear path to meaningfully reduced balance sheet leverage; and a compelling valuation relative to its peers.
For more information, please visit www.trilogy-international.com.
Board of Directors
- Timothy Hodgson Chairman of Alignvest Acquisition Corporation, Managing Partner of Alignvest
- Reza Satchu CEO of Alignvest Acquisition Corporation, Managing Partner of Alignvest
- Bonnie Brooks Vice Chairman and former President of Hudson’s Bay Company
- Vince Hemmer former Principal at GTCR
- Adam Jiwan former Partner at TPG-Axon Capital Management, with experience at Soros Fund Management and The Blackstone Group
- Nadir Mohamed Vice Chairman of Alignvest and former President and CEO of Rogers Communications
- Andy Moysiuk Partner of Alignvest and former Managing Partner of HOOPP Capital Partners
- Razor Suleman Partner of Alignvest and founder and former CEO of Achievers
- Donald Walker CEO of Magna International
- Tim Hodgson Chairman
- Reza Satchu Chief Executive Officer
- Sanjil Shah Chief Financial Officer
- Andre Mousseau Chief Operating Officer